Title: Director of Corporate Marketing
Reports to: Terry Montesi, CEO
Location: Corporate Trademark Office, Ft. Worth, Texas
The primary responsibility of the Director of Corporate Marketing is to maximize traffic and sales potential, promote awareness, and contribute to increasing the value of the portfolio’s retail and mixed-use assets. This role helps define the vision and branding strategy for all developments and re-developments, and is charged with overseeing property-wide annual marketing objectives and strategies and creating all corporate objectives and associated budgets.
The position is responsible for handling coordination of all corporate branding, marketing and leasing collateral, project photography, award submissions, tradeshow coordination, web updates, social/digital marketing and assistance in other marketing initiatives to support the company’s business objectives. The work may also include overseeing various on-site marketing managers and providing them guidance and leadership.
- Maintain, develop and implement corporate marketing and branding programs and strategic ad campaigns.
- Oversee all public relations and corporate communications. Support the business in maintaining positive relations with the media on all issues, with a commitment to be available extensively in the event of emerging PR issues or in a crisis, with assistance from a PR agency.
- Establish and foster relationships within the industry to ensure that the company’s image remains consistent and fresh to all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with on-site property teams to establish and maintain productive media relations, marketing programs and branding to maximize sales and traffic and work closely with individual owners/partners to meet goals and needs.
- Oversee and help manage Bi-Annual Management/Marketing Regional Meetings. Help set-up speakers and overall agenda.
- Coordinate ICSC conventions to include overseeing booth design, set-up, all marketing materials and graphics needed, apps and all marketing/advertising leading up to each convention.
- Digital Strategy. Maintain a dynamic digital and social media marketing initiative to grow corporate presence on social networking sites. Engage customers and partners by ensuring timely and appropriate responses, postings on relevant blogs and seeding content into social applications. Monitor the impact of social media programs and report on effectiveness of campaigns in order to make adjustments for maximum results. Assist onsite property marketing staff in maintaining and sharing best digital marketing practices.
- Oversee the quarterly Thought Leadership. Work closely with writer and design team to draft relative and timely content and send to key Trademark stakeholder e-blast list.
- Oversee the maintenance and day-to-day updates of websites for corporate and development projects. Implement plans to increase website visits and keep relevant with up to date news, key announcements, MAD and Conscious Place updates.
- Oversee corporate e-blast programs including organizing key database lists, coordinate design and content, work with all teams to manage effective e-blast distribution program to consumer database.
- Partner and support leasing in order to market to target retailers that influence the property’s income, sales, and occupancy, provide information and resources that shape merchandising at the property, participate in storytelling site visits with prospective tenants as requested and provide information on traffic, trade area and shopper profile.
- Create and manage leasing materials as needed by leasing team. Manage production in-house such as binding, printing, and collateral materials. Maintain stock of promotional items as needed; work with vendors to brainstorm new items, price out and reorder when necessary.
- Manage and oversee all day to day responsibilities for a marketing team that consists of a Marketing Coordinator and Digital Specialist. Collaborate with Marketing Manager responsible for property creative and shared services, with direct reports of Art Director and Digital Content Specialist and Photographer.
Must have the following key attributes:
- 12+ years minimum of experience in brand, retail, commercial or residential real estate marketing, journalism, and/or communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing or Communications. Experience at established Real Estate investor or Developer is a plus, as is Fashion Merchandising or Retail Management Experience.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing on; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, social media management through vendors (such as Sprout Social) and website oversight.
- Proficiency with programs including; Microsoft Office & PowerPoint, Adobe Create Suite programs, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, MailChimp, Wufoo, Survey Monkey, Basecamp is a plus.
- Outstanding ability to multi-task coupled with excellent problem solving skills and exceptional attention to details.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and strong team management skills, balanced with an independent, take charge initiative required.
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and possess a strong personal character with a commitment to integrity and ethical conduct.
- Will be available to travel to properties to coordinate on projects, for ICSC conferences or as needed for other projects.
Qualified candidates please send resume and cover letter to Susan Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org