Title: Operations/Maintenance Manager
Compensation: Based on Experience and Qualifications
Reports to: Senior Portfolio Manager
In this role, the Operations/Maintenance Manager will support the property management team in providing technical oversight for a retail and mixed-use portfolio exceeding 1 one million plus square feet located in Ft. Worth – Dallas and the Southeast U.S. The position will work closely with outsourced service providers and internal staff to ensure that each property meets or exceeds the company standard for quality service, safety, efficiency and appearance.
Candidate will have a background in commercial real estate operations or facilities management with expertise in the operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire/life safety systems. Candidate will also have experience overseeing capital projects and large repair and maintenance projects.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in retail and mixed-use assets or asset types with similar breadth and complexity. Candidate must demonstrate success in a fast-paced and flexible environment and be able to work effectively across all levels of the organization from building maintenance technicians to senior executives. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support and be a resource for Property Management, Tenant Coordination and Leasing teams.
- Assist in overseeing the daily physical operation of assigned properties including regular inspections to insure properties are clean, safe and secure.
- Participate with property management staff in the development of property budgets for capital expenditures, maintenance and repairs.
- Execute strategic and operational initiatives related to safety, technical consulting, preventative maintenance, capital project supervision, etc.
- Manage the contractor prequalification, bidding, and selection process for capital projects and large repair and maintenance projects. Create scopes of work and then oversee the vendors performing work on the properties.
- Work with senior leadership and business unit leaders to make project recommendations with follow-through to completion.
- Maintain strong relations with vendors and third party service providers to ensure compliance with company policies, quality standards, and schedule requirements.
- Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree or higher and a minimum of 5 years of experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. This position requires hands-on experience in engineering/facilities management of commercial buildings and experience overseeing typical building infrastructure projects such as HVAC equipment replacements, lighting retrofits, roof work, concrete flatwork, etc.
- Communication Skills
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret bid proposal documents. Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, fellow employees and third party clients.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Other skills and/or Abilities
- Immediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook. Working knowledge of property management and construction.
Trademark Property Company
Founded in 1992, Fort Worth-based Trademark is a 100+ person firm that creates, invests in and operates retail, leisure and mixed-use properties taking a long-term view in meeting the needs and exceeding the expectations of communities, retailers, owners and investors. For more information please see our website at www.trademarkproperty.com
To apply for this position send resume to:
Scott Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org