Title: Property Accountant – Watters Creek, Allen, TX
Compensation: Based on Experience and Qualifications
Reports to: General Manager, Watters Creek
Purpose and Scope: Professional, energetic individual with full cycle property management accounting experience who communicates well at all levels, has the ability to multi-task, set priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Perform full cycle accounting including accounts payable, journal entries, monthly accruals and reconciliations.
- Generate monthly Rent Roll, review for accuracy.
- Prepare monthly tenant percentage rent calculation and billings.
- Enter daily cash receipts/tenant rents and monitor and actively pursue A/R balances.
- Maintain property management sub-ledger including both lease and billing information.
- Calculate monthly property management fees; process payments.
- Prepare month-end reporting packages, review and analyze variances; distribute to parties as required.
- Prepare complex annual NNN reconciliations and related billings for Office and Retail tenants.
- Prepare/calculate/process monthly cash analysis and Partner distributions.
- Prepare annual work papers and reconciliations for year-end tax returns.
- Prepare annual budget and quarterly financial forecast.
- Respond to audit inquiries from external auditors, owners and external business partners.
- Review new retail and office leases and lease amendments and create and adjust tenant billings based on a thorough understanding of lease terms.
- Respond to tenant questions regarding monthly charges, outstanding amounts due, annual CAM reconciliations.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years accounting experience, real estate accounting a plus; clear understanding of financial statements (GAAP).
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, creative, flexible, have strong technical aptitude; detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required.
- Intermediate MS Excel and MS Word skills.
- Timberline accounting software experience a preference.
- To apply please send your resume to Michael Tumulty at email@example.com