Title: Vice President, Asset Management (Houston, Texas)
Compensation: Based on Experience and Qualifications
Reports to: Executive Vice President Portfolio
Ideal candidate would be enthusiastic, energetic, welcoming and able to adapt quickly to changing situations. Main job functions would include; overseeing the development and execution of asset strategies to maximize the value of the assets located primarily in Houston, Texas, including some “ground up” developments. Critical skills and attributes include attention to detail, problem solving, sense of urgency and good communications skills.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maximize total return of the assets through the analysis of property efficiencies and identification of opportunities for improved performance.
- Work closely with the Operations, Management, Construction and Development teams to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases and analyses.
- Work with Construction Managers to determine project capital and deferred maintenance needs and timing.
- Create and distribute periodic asset management reports and analyses to the corporate office, investors, lenders, and other parties.
- Manage the cash flow and profitability of the asset to include detailed financial analysis on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop a deep understanding of the local and regional retail real estate markets and utilize that knowledge to refine business strategies
- Monitor the capital markets and manage the debt structure and terms of the asset and determine any refinancing or additional debt needs.
- Provide pre-acquisition input and assistance in due diligence process, including review of financial and operational assumptions, and support the effort or originating and negotiation of debt financing and refinancing.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team setting
- Priority setting, decisiveness, organization and time-management skills
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Trust and integrity
- Information management
- Organizing and planning
- Stress tolerance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Real Estate or other related field of study with a record of solid academic achievement. MBA preferred. Candidate should also have 5 to 10 years’ experience in retail real estate industry.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced MS Office, Excel, and ARGUS
- Experience in property management/finance/leasing/operations/construction and development
- Proficiency with financial modeling
Trademark Property Company www.trademarkproperty.com
Founded in 1992, Fort Worth-based Trademark is a 120+ person firm that creates, invests in and operates retail, leisure and mixed-use properties taking a long-term view in meeting the needs and exceeding the expectations of communities, retailers, owners and investors. The company’s focus is market dominant regional malls, lifestyle/specialty and town center properties across the US, and community and power centers on a regional basis.
Trademark offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, 401K and vacation/sick leave.
Interested professionals should send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.