Five Questions with Kohler Waters Spa
Nearly ten years after Kohler Waters Spa opened at Burr Ridge Village Center, customers new and old are still singing its praises. According to Spa manager Andrea Argy, the key to staying power lies in the spa’s commitment to constantly evolving its services in response to customer feedback. Here, Argy shares more with Trademark about Kohler Co.’s expansion from plumbing fixtures into wellness, the benefits of hydrotherapy, and which spa treatment is her favorite.
What was the inspiration behind Kohler Waters Spa?
- Kohler Co. has been in the plumbing business now for almost 150 years. We’ve learned a thing or two about water over that time. The spas and other hospitality offerings are a great way to cross promote/cross brand the many different brands of Kohler Co. – plumbing, tile, etc. When we decided to open our first spa, we knew immediately that it needed to be centered around the healing power of water.
What makes Kohler Waters Spa different from other spas?
- There are a lot of things that set us apart from other spas. First, the spas are designed and centered around water. No matter where you are at in any of our spas, you will experience water via one of your five senses. Adding to that, Kohler Co. prides itself on being experts in hydrotherapy services. Our Kohler custom-built Vichy shower is only available at a Kohler Waters Spa location, and there is nothing like it in the industry. In addition, we offer high-end hydrotherapy amenities at all our spas including things like steam rooms, saunas, eight-foot deep cool plunge pools, hot tubs, therapy pools, etc.
What made you choose Burr Ridge as your location?
- Many of our guests that visit Destination Kohler resort in Kohler, Wis. – home of the Forbes Five Star The American Club resort hotel and flagship Kohler Waters Spa – are from the Chicago area. Brand recognition of both Kohler Co. kitchen and bath plumbing products and the Kohler Waters Spa among Burr Ridge residents was already high, so we felt it was the perfect place to add another spa.
What is your favorite spa service?
- My favorite service is the signature hydrotherapy treatment, Lavender Rain. It begins with a lavender and eucalyptus exfoliation to really soften and smooth your skin, followed with a warm rinse under the Kohler Custom Vichy shower, and you melt with the full body moisturizing and warm stone treatment on the back and feet. It’s amazing!
How do you tailor your services to the community?
- At Kohler Waters Spa at Burr Ridge, we are coming up on our 10th year! Every day we serve brand new guests, but we also value a growing number of men and women that return to us for their wellness needs. Besides our signature services that the Kohler Waters Spa brand is well known for, we add new treatments to our menu each year based on the latest wellness trends and what our guests tell us they are looking for. We also regularly host special themed events that add different experiences for our guests to try, and opportunities for people to spa together, like our Girls Night Out.