To maintain all shopping center heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment in order to provide safe, efficient and effective operation. This position is also on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to assist all departments in addressing emergencies at the property.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Work in cooperation with contracted mechanical services as retained by management
- Report all situations requiring emergency and/or immediate action to the appropriate personnel
- Troubleshoot various systems including plumbing, electrical, heating, air conditioning, and other systems as required to determine source of malfunction and required repair
- Conduct scheduled inspections and preventive maintenance to designated equipment; make adjustments to equipment and controls to ensure operations are in compliance with specifications and/or standards
- Install, maintain and make repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning equipment as needed
- Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines (i.e. OSHA standards) to promote a safe working environment.
- Administer compliance of local, state, and federal laws pertaining to areas such as fire, safety, hazardous material and access
- Observe operation, read gauges and instruments, and adjust mechanisms such as valves, controls and pumps to control level of fluid, pressure and temperature
- Provide routine services to include preventive maintenance on equipment, identifying, installing, maintaining and disposing of all types of filters, cleaning mechanical/transformer rooms, picking up and delivering parts
- Carryout preventative maintenance programs as assigned by management
- Coordinate work orders and maintain the integrity of the Work Order System
- Ensure the appropriate inventory systems, records, files, Safety Data Sheets, supplies, equipment and tools are maintained
- Replace defective thermostats, switches, lighting components, fuses, and basic electrical wiring
- Employee may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description
- High School Diploma or Trade School Certificate.
- Five (5) years’ experience in the HVAC maintenance field (Related education may be substituted for up to two years’ experience on a year-for-year basis)
- Working knowledge of air handler unit operations
- Knowledge in filter identification and application, equipment and component identification and safety procedures
- Working knowledge of cooling tower operation & start-up and package roof top HVAC units
- Working knowledge of condenser and chilled water systems and water treatment
- Ability to disassemble, clean, lubricate, repair and replace parts, as required.
- Able to recognize and diagnose basic malfunctioning mechanical systems, test components, trouble shoot and repair, replace or adjust defective or worn parts
- Working knowledge of Building Automation Systems and Energy Management Systems as they relate to energy savings, life safety, seasonal adjustments and company standards
- Practical understanding of workplace environment safety rules, hazards and application of accident prevention measures associated with the operation of mechanical and HVAC equipment
- Practical understanding of OSHA regulations
- Ability to work rotating shifts, which may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Qualified candidates, please send a resume to GalleriaJobs@trademarkproperty.com