Position Title: General Manager
Reports To: SVP Portfolio
Location: Kansas City, MO
The General Manager will be responsible for managing, directing, and coordinating operations and marketing for the property. The General Manager is accountable to protect, maintain, and enhance the value of assigned asset in order to maximize the owners’ financial return and for the benefit of the tenants, consumers, and the community.
- Prepare detailed annual business plan and provide timely quarterly reports, monthly ownership updates and weekly recaps.
- Full responsibility of creating and managing the center budget.
- Ensure effective cost control.
- Responsible for lease administration issues such as tenant transition, processing rent relief requests, and assist with collections as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring a clean, safe, and secure center.
- Manage 3rd Party vendors and negotiate center contracts.
- Coordinate and oversees retail marketing efforts.
- Assist with coordination of tenant improvements.
- Interact with owners, investors, and city officials.
- Drive specialty leasing income.
- Recruit, develop, and manage on site staff.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Competent presentation skills.
- Proficient shopping center marketing skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong organization and time-management skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to identify problems and solve issues in a proactive manner.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Quantitative and analytical skills.
- Retail shopping center marketing.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, retail leasing and contract terminology.
- High level proficiency with current Microsoft Office software.
Education & Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Five to seven years operational experience in real estate industry.
Qualified candidates please send resume and cover letter to Zonajobs@trademarkproperty.com