TITLE: Marketing Director
LOCATION: Kansas City, MO
REPORTS TO: General Manager
POSITION / PURPOSE:
Primarily responsible for shopping center consumer marketing necessary to insure awareness of store mix, drive retailer traffic/sales, direct the strategic development and implementation of property specific consumer event and PR plans, direct and coordinate all digital communication efforts, foster and encourage store participation in order to maximize retailer sales performance.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Event Marketing – develop and execute annual event plans which are reflective of the property positioning and conducive to the needs of the local market, while driving retailer sales performance. Partner with Corporate Marketing to utilize innovative marketing techniques to cut thru the clutter and maximize spend efficiency. Secure property enhancing sponsorship support as possible to reduce the expense while improving the overall event.
- Social Media-develop and coordinate strategic social media platforms to enhance and increase Zona Rosa’s position in the market. Continue to research and implement new and effective digital strategies.
- Public Relations – effectively manage and utilize partner agency on development and execution of PR strategy, including media relations, event development, press release generation (events; seasonal fashion; gift giving; business news) and emergency response.
- Retailer Specific Marketing – establish strong tenant communication and partnerships; review stores current marketing approach and create collaborative marketing efforts to ensure retailer and property success.
- Redevelopment/Rebranding – effectively work with outside consultant and corporate marketing teams to assess and build a brand that is consistent and meaningful thorugh all stages of property redevelopment. Brand messaging should appeal to shoppers,, merchants, and community partners.
- Community Development – develop individual and organizational consumer and business contacts within the community to build the property’s local market relationship and growth within the market. These relationships should reflect Zona Rosa’s commitment to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve, while building the sales performance of the property.
- Performance & Reporting – responsible for the collection, reporting and analysis of retailer sales data, in addition to management of a mystery shopper program(where applicable), as tools to measure the performance of retailer operations and property marketing strategies. Utilize data to improve performance and return on investment in collaboration with individual stores and Corporate Retail Marketing.
- Leasing – support national and local leasing teams in understanding the local market (geography; demographics; existing and new retailer opportunities; other) in order to provide additional tools in securing an optimal occupancy rate.
- Concierge – assist in the oversight of Guest Services as a critical on property consumer tough point, specifically including the development and management of the Gift Card Program (sales; customer/tenant opportunities; gift card supplies; vendor communications; charitable partnerships; etc)
- Project & Budget Management – develop and manage spending within timelines.
- Sponsorships – Assist in selling advertising, sponsorship and unique partnership opportunities throughout the property and achieving alternative revenue goals.
- Education / Experience in Marketing, Communications, or related field required. Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- 3 to 7 years marketing experience in real estate, retailer or consumer driven company
- Understanding of event/PR strategy and development
- Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated. Strong desire to succeed
- Excellent communicator, both verbal & written
- Strong ability to adapt solutions to new situations requiring reasoning based on experience or interpretation
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and the Internet
- Strong analytical skills
- Team orientation
- Must be willing and available to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
Qualified candidates may send a cover letter and resume to Todd Anderton at email@example.com